Parental Engagement Evenings Information
Senior Phase Students were issued with a copy of the Prelim Timetable today.
The exams will run from Wednesday 8th to Friday 24th January inclusive.
Anyone absent from school can collect a copy from the school office.
1. All senior phase pupils must attend school on Wednesday 8th January to Friday 24 January. When pupils are not in an examination they will attend class as usual. There is no Study Leave.
- When attending school for examinations normal school standards and guidelines, including those on dress, will of course still apply.
- Students should check the timetable of examinations carefully and report any difficulties to Mrs Thomson, Depute Headteacher immediately.
- Every year pupils misread or forget the time and place of an examination. To ensure that this does not happen students should note carefully the time and place of every paper that they are sitting. Students should be in their place ten minutes before the examination is due to begin. Students should make sure they have whatever equipment/materials may be needed.
- During an examination students must conduct themselves in such a way that will allow themselves and others the fullest opportunity to do well.
- Staff invigilating have instructions to note the name of any pupil behaving in a fashion which is inappropriate for examination conditions.
- Students may not leave (except in an emergency) until their examination is ended or until they are instructed to do so by the Invigilator or a member of staff.
The attached letter from Scottish Borders Council outlines the general principles to be followed in cases of emergency such as severe winter weather or severe flooding.
Winter weather can be very variable and it is easy to be caught out by sudden changes. In the event of severe weather we will make every effort to keep the school open and continue as normal.
However, there may be situations where this is not possible and it is therefore important that you follow the points below in terms of transport arrangements.
During adverse weather, school transport may be subject to cancelled services, amended routes, longer journey times or alternative bus stops used. In extreme cases there may be the need to cancel all school services.